One way to study with us is through our ‘self-cultivation’ programmes. These are two-and-a-half-year-long guided programmes, which essentially take a student through our level-1 material in a step-by-step manner. Students receive guidance and support as well as a systematic way to approach the material. This helps to ensure that a strong foundation is established and students progress in an efficient manner. These courses have proved very popular and when we run them they tend to be overbooked. The reason for this is that too many people enter the internal arts world and do not understand exactly what order to train the exercises and how to structure their own training. On the ‘self-cultivation’ programmes, we work with each student to make sure that they are moving at the correct speed and getting the most from their practice. Many students recognise the benefit of this, which is why our longer programmes are so popular.
Qi Gong Certification Courses
The other way to study with us is on one of our QGC (Qi Gong Certification) courses. These courses run with the same structure as the aforementioned ‘self-cultivation’ programmes but they include added guidance on teaching. As well as this, there are rigorous requirements for each student with regards to their personal training, how they develop their training and how they approach the theoretical aspect of Daoism. Students are tested and monitored throughout the programme to ensure that they meet the required standards. If they do not meet our requirements, then they are asked to leave the QGC training. At the end of the QGC programme, the successful students are awarded a certificate from us and able to teach the level-1 material from the Lotus Nei Gong syllabus. These students then have access to more advanced courses which are not available to beginners.
A Breakdown of the Training
Students undertaking both of these 2.5 – 3 year long training programs will train in the following manner:
- They will attend a series of courses over 2.5 years. These courses are broken down in various ways according to their location but amount to 20 days per year taught by Damo Mitchell and his senior teachers.
- Students will have access to fortnightly theoretical videos which unlock online. These videos are designed to accompany the practical training and include detailed instruction on the theory and philosophy of Daoism.
- Students will work progressively through the level 1 material of our syllabus learning body structure, efficient usage of form, how to awaken the energy system and how to work with consciousness.
- The prime concern of level 1 is purging the body of toxins and students are led through this process in order to cleanse the energy body. We use Dao Yin and Jing Gong extensively for this. The aim is to have most of the major purging finished by halfway through the programme; we can then work on the nourishing aspect of the practice.
Additionally, the QGC programmes have the following aspects to them:
- Students on the QGC have all of the above aspects of the ‘self-cultivation’ programmes but they also have to maintain a daily two-hour minimum practice. This practice is recorded in training journals.
- QGC have to complete written assignments primarily concerning what they have been taught and the theoretical information from the videos we provide.
- QGC students must go deep into the energetic awakening and purging processes in order to ensure that they have sufficient energetic awareness and skill to effectively teach with us.
- QGC students must reach certain standards in their skill level when performing the practices to remain on the programme.
- We also teach, teaching skills and energetic imbalance training as well as detailed Qi deviation risks upon the QGC programme.
- Those completing the programme will be able to join our teaching team as level-1 Qi Gong instructors. Please view our directory for a complete list of these teachers, many of whom have completed one of our QGC training programs themselves.
Joining a Program
We generally run these programmes around the world so that we always have a group we are working with. At the time of writing (Feb 2016), we have a programme just finishing in Sweden and a group halfway through their practice in the US. We generally have no more than two groups running at any one time to ensure that we can work with the students to maintain their personal development. Our next intake for this course is in June 2017 and the course is being run in London, UK.
June 2017 Intake
Our next series of lifelong-learning programmes is scheduled to start in June 2017, with the training taking place in London (UK). The course will be run by Damo Mitchell and Senior Teachers.
We have decided to make the lifelong-learning aspect of our school more flexible than it has been in the past. Now students may choose to study either as a self development programme (SDP) or as a Qi Gong Certificate (QGC).
structure of the training
The self-cultivation programme will run over a period of two and a half years. The structure of the training is spelt out in the bullet points below.
> year 1: twenty days of training
> year 2: twenty days of training
> year 3: fourteen days of training
The training will be broken down into series of courses taking place on each year of the programme.
> Year 1 and year 2 will both consist of five three-day courses and one five-day course.
> Year 3 will span over half a year and will consist of three three-day courses and one five-day course.
The programme will start some time in June 2017. However, we do not have specific information about dates or the location for the courses yet.
Details for the first course will be uploaded on this page soon so please keep an eye out if you are interested in applying.
get in touch!
If you are interested in this course then please use the contact form on this site.